Sunday, July 06, 2008
Today was a long day.54-miles, 6-hours-20min. pedaling,8600 ft. of climbing. We started out At the shop in Big Bear. Climbed plantation, Went downs Clarks to Seven Oaks. Then we climbed up middle control rd. to Angelus Oaks and climbed the fire rd. to Thomas hunting Ground. Rode some fun single track that was way grown over. I haven't riden this section in like two years. WAY Fun and technical. From there we rode down to hwy38 from morten peak rd. Climbed 3-miles up to Loc Leven. Up Loc Leven to angelus oaks. Thats when we split up. I brought my lunch, Dereck, Jasen,Paul,and Dan went to the Resturant in A.O. I rode down Middle Control Road to Seven Oaks. Bout a soda and a bag of chips to go with the sandwich that I had brought. Went across the street to the Santa Ana River
and had a wonderful break in the shade. took my shoes off and soaked my hurtin dawgs. This was the only picture I took. The water was soooooooooo cold! it felt great. After lunch I cleaned up and started my death march. Two miles from the gate Jasen caught me. After that Paul showed up. When we got to the top by the entrance to Pirates Jasen took off as Paul and I Waited for Dereck. We didn't wait long.2-minutes if that. From there we climbed the Bitches over to 1e01. Super fun single track right back to the shop. Fish Taco's and I was home.Now it's time to sleep. Beach Trail in the morning.