Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Weekend recap

I took Friday off to do the 12 hours of Temecula, but lack of funds was the reson that didn't happen. I told myself I would at least get a good ride in so I decided to finally do the lake silverwood ride i have been talkin about for a while. The ride started (from my house really) at starbucks on the corner of Palm and Kendall out by Cal State San Bernardino. From there headed out 2n49 which is at the top of Palm. I have been told that it loose and step but the only to really find out was to see for myself. And yes, it had a few steepy's in it and some sections were loose. the most dicourageing thing was that all the fire rd. sighns were gone except at the beginning and end. this made navigating kind of a challenge.once i past the first two or three intersections I made eye contact with lake silverwood. It was an awesome view. Plan was to find my way over to crab flats via fire rds. and then ride from green valley lake to fawnskin. That didn't happen. Not this time but it will in the near future. So from silver wood I climbed up hwy138 to Crestline then took the hwy 18 to 40th and waterman. Quizno's! YUM! with 5hours and 20 minutes in the saddle and 56 miles in my legs is was a good day.

the climb from top of Palm

View of Lake Silverwood from atop 2n49

No, I did not ride this section. I wanted to though

I need to purchase some hiking gear. :)
Saturday I rode Rim Nordic with the team. Next weeks race will be the 8.5 mile course. We got two good laps in averaging around 42 minutes a lap. The pass will be much faster than that. I predict 32-38 minute laps by some. After the ride I went and hung out at the shop and learned how to blead my brakes. Much easier than i had thought.
On monday it was a good day to go out and spin so i decided to see how much of the Santa ana beach trail was completed. It starts at waterman and Hospitality and continues along the Santa Ana. I made it all the way to university and came across a flooded section so i turned back. 3hours and 12minutes - 51-miles.
IT looks like it goes at least to Van Buren but could actualy go all the way to the 15. I can't wait til this trail is completed.
Comments:
<< Home
Hey Veeze, sounds like you had a good ride. I shoulda joined ya. I was on a "three hour tour" on the road bike. Missed a turn on the way back from Upland and ended up in Chino Hills. Wasn't prepared with enough food, or water, for the extra distance, and was too stubborn/stupid to stop somewhere before I was already in the hole calorie/hydration-wise. Took the pain train to bonksville on that particular ride...
The Santa Ana River Trail does indeed go all the way to Van Buren. There's a public ceremony commemorating the connection of the Riverside and San Berdoo County sections on the 30th of June.
The Santa Ana River Trail does indeed go all the way to Van Buren. There's a public ceremony commemorating the connection of the Riverside and San Berdoo County sections on the 30th of June.
Hey Veeze, you missed a good race at Temecula. Course was real good and lots of fun.
I pick up the Santa Ana trail at Van Buren about 1.5 miles from my house and have rode to Berdo since they opened the new section. makes for a good safe ride.
See you up at Rim Nordic.
Post a Comment
I pick up the Santa Ana trail at Van Buren about 1.5 miles from my house and have rode to Berdo since they opened the new section. makes for a good safe ride.
See you up at Rim Nordic.
<< Home
