Tuesday, October 31, 2006

24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch




Lets just say there were a few obsticles on the course. Mostly cattle thats probaly why it's called the Ted Chamberlin cattle ranch. At first i was a little nervous.These animals are big. Trying to get them to move was fun . I'd ring my bell and the beast's would just turn and moo.Finally i started playing cowboy and hearding them with my scalpel. Heayauuu and cows would scatter kinda funny i almost felt bad for emotionally scaring the beast but there is a motorcross track on the land so they must be used to it i asume. The tarantula's were all over the singletrack as well as field mice and a few deer.
As for the race I got 2nd in my age group. Overall i'm not sure i'll find that out in they post the results on ridesb.com. I know i could have done better. i wussed out on my night laps. It was so cold.low 30's I got in my car and acted like a little bee eye tie see eightch. when morning came i did two more laps to move from 3rd to 2nd but i still felt like i didn't give my all.
It's a learning experiance for sure and i will make another attempt next year.
I did have fun but maybe a little to much fun and not enough suffering.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?