Thursday, June 08, 2006
Southridge in June? Are we mad?
I would like to say it was just another day at Southridge. Yeh right! First off I had to work Friday night(10:30pm-7:30am), and i've told myself over and over again that if i race on saturday i must take friday off. I'm saving the last of my vacation for Colorado/Brainhead(July 23-30) so I had to suffer.
Not only was I sleep deprived but it was a little on the warm side.Second lap it was 105 degrees on the paved climb and at the top of hurl hill my computer read 113. Just a little warm. Not only was it hot but not even 10-minutes before the start Veeze decided to go play ecologist and try some dirt samples. I donated the blood for the 20-30 riders who showed for this suffer fest.
Dereck (the hermanator) and I where the only semi-pros out there.Actually Dereck was out there. I have no idea where I was. I remember, I brought my singlespeed with me and decided to take her for a 3 lap stroll through Southridge in 100+ degree weather. I sucked badly. Dereck beat me by at least 20 minutes probaly more than that. I had no legs, energy, or stamina. Just wanted to go home and forget about it.
Dereck and I are tied with 405 SRC points for the overall. one race left in November. That sounds nice. Cool November.
Not only was I sleep deprived but it was a little on the warm side.Second lap it was 105 degrees on the paved climb and at the top of hurl hill my computer read 113. Just a little warm. Not only was it hot but not even 10-minutes before the start Veeze decided to go play ecologist and try some dirt samples. I donated the blood for the 20-30 riders who showed for this suffer fest.
Dereck (the hermanator) and I where the only semi-pros out there.Actually Dereck was out there. I have no idea where I was. I remember, I brought my singlespeed with me and decided to take her for a 3 lap stroll through Southridge in 100+ degree weather. I sucked badly. Dereck beat me by at least 20 minutes probaly more than that. I had no legs, energy, or stamina. Just wanted to go home and forget about it.
Dereck and I are tied with 405 SRC points for the overall. one race left in November. That sounds nice. Cool November.
Comments:
<< Home
Yes we are mad. Them stupid SRC points. Having not riden in over 5 weeks, Southridge and the weather was to much for me also. Working grave yard is a poor excuse. Normal people 5:00 p.m. is the optimum time to train so 9:30 a.m. should be just about right for you. Ya Right. Just Kidding.
VEEZE!! Update your blog, you are boring me!! Did you do Rim? I saw some of my students driking ensure, so i guess it isnt just for old people!
Post a Comment
<< Home
